The Special Cell for the welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes was established for strengthening, implementing and monitoring the reservation policies/ guidelines issued by the Govt. of Tamilnadu, Govt. of India and University Grants Commission for the welfare of SC-STs from time to time.
The main objective of the SC-ST Grievance Cell is to ensure adequate representation to SC-STs in the matter of appointment for teaching, non-teaching posts and admission of students to various programmes in the Institute.
The Cell overseas the reservation policies of the Govt. of India and Govt. of Tamil Nādu for the implementation of programmes. Further, the Cell has created awareness among SC-STs about various academic schemes meant for their welfare.
The SC/ST Grievance cell is Constituted with the following members.
1. Dr. S. Gunasekaran,Professor & Dean(R & D) Convenor
2. Dr. Sayeeda Sultana, Professor & Head , Chemistry Dept.
3. Dr. P.Periyasamy, Professor , Mechanical Engg. Dept.
4. Ms.P.Shyamalavathy/AP Chemistry Dept.
5. Mr.S.Dinesh/ AP, Mech Dept.
6. M. Srikaviya, I B.Sc (CS)
7. P. Hari, I B.Sc (CS)
8. A. Dharani, II M.Sc Chemistry
9. M. Priyadharshini, II M.Sc Chemistry