About The Department
The Department of Tamil was started in 2016 to offer UG, PG and Ph.D programmes in Tamil. Some of the research areas are sangam literature, Modern literature, Tamil grammar, Linguistics & computational linguistics. Besides focusing on curriculum & research the department actively involves in other co-curricular & extra- curricular activities through its Tamil literary club called Tamil Mandram.
The department has a separate department library & General library of the college has more than 1000 titles in Tamil language & literature for the students benefit. The faculty members update their knowledge by pursuing higher studies (Ph. D), presenting papers in conferences, publishing articles in Journals & authoring books. Along with academic teaching, steps are taken to tap the talent of students in poem writing, essay writing & other literary competitions and students are motivated to participate in Tamil related programmes. The department continuously conducts seminars, workshops & conferences to enrich the students knowledge in Tamil literature.Job opportunity for Tamil graduates students:
- Teaching Job
- Journalism, News Reader, News Reporter & Editor
- Anchor in Television and Radio station
- Participation in cinema Industry
- Drama stories Poem , Essay , Novel to write & Publish the Book
- You can became Stage Speakers, Literature Speakers , Debate Speakers
- To creating new words in Tamil Dictionary
- Job in Translating Books
- To clear Government Exams (TNPSC Group Exam)
- Creating software related to Tamil language in Information Technology field.
And also Jobs related to,
- Stone Sculpture Research,
- Olay Suvadi Research,
- Archaeology Research ,
- Learning getting information and going Research in Siddha Maruthuvam.