About The Department
Department of Management Studies
The Department of Management studies focuses on enhancing the ability to communicate, analyze situations, present own views in front of a large audience, take decisions using quantitative and qualitative factors, and develop a holistic view of the different functional areas of business environment. At the end of the Business Administration program, students would gain a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of business management.
Based on an interdisciplinary and integrated curriculum, with a theme-based, problem solving and hands-on learning environment, the syllabus and programme prepare the students for the corporate world. With new innovations in this arena, there is a growing demand for students with a sound understanding of basic computer applications in business, Data Analytics & we offer various computer courses like SPSS, Microsoft Automation tools and Tally as a part of the curriculum. The study methodology involves training through practical experience in the form of Presentations, Industrial visits, Cross –country educational programs and interaction with experts from the Industry. This holistic outlook of the program with a number of value based and personality development courses ensures that students are groomed into up-to-date, assertive and effective business executives with strong leadership skills and social consciousness.
B.B.A – Analytics
B.B.A – Logistics Management
M.B.A – General (2 year full time AICTE APPROVED) MOU with Assumption University, Thailand for Semester Exchange Programmes
M.B.A. – Data Analytics (MoU With IBM)
- Class rooms equipped with LCD projectors
- Well-Stocked central library
- Separate Departmental library
- Faculty with Excellent academic achievements
- Many faculty Members have rich industrial experience
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Bus facilities
- Separate Hostel facilities for boys and girls
- Regular guest lectures by industry experts in different functional areas
- Industrial visits
Vision & Mission
Imparting education in management Studies to enable the students technologically superior and ethically strong who in turn shall improve the quality of life of Humanity.
To impart high quality and Industry focused Management education
To prepare Business Leaders
To create Entrepreneurs to promote self-sustainability and societal development
BBA DEGREE PROGRAMME
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduate will
PEO1: Graduates will be expertise in the area of leadership, interpersonal skills, entrepreneurship, and marketing.
PEO2 : Graduate will competent the global competitive world more professionally.
PEO3: Graduate be a responsible citizen and lead the business with moral and ethical value.
Program Outcomes (POs)
At the end of the BBA Programme, graduates will be able to
PO1: Acquire knowledge and skills in the field of management, accounting, marketing and human relations.
PO2: Apply the entrepreneurial and managerial skills for effective and business management.
PO3: Acquire employability skills through the practical awareness on the IT in management.
PO4: To comprehend applicability of management principles to situation in global business world.
PO5: Develop legal and ethical value for the continuous development of business venture.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Remember the concept of management principles, accounting and marketing operations.
PSO2: Understand the leadership skills through internship training.
PSO3: Apply the managerial knowledge in the business for effective decision making.
PSO4: Demonstrate critical thinking skills in understanding managerial issues and problems related to the global economy and international business.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (GENERAL)
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
MBA programme curriculum is designed to prepare the post graduate students
- To have a thorough understanding of the core aspects of the business.
- To provide the learners with the management tools to identify, analyze and create business opportunities as well as solve business problems.
- To prepare them to have a holistic approach towards management functions.
- To motivate them for continuous learning.
- To inspire and make them practice ethical standards in business.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs):
On successful completion of the programme,
- Ability to apply the business acumen gained in practice.
- Ability to understand and solve managerial issues.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, to achieve organizational and individual goals.
- Ability to upgrade their professional and managerial skills in their workplace.
- Ability to explore and reflect about managerial challenges, develop informed managerial decisions in a dynamically unstable environment.
- Ability to take up challenging assignments.
- Ability to understand one’s own ability to set achievable targets and complete them.
- Ability to pursue lifelong learning.
- To have a fulfilling business career.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO)
PSO1: Students should exhibit their knowledge of management principles.
PSO2: Students should demonstrate their critical-thinking and problem solving skills.
PSO3: Students should manifest their leadership qualities.
PSO4: Students should prove an awareness of their own values.
PSO5: Students should show a sense of responsibility.
PSO6: Students should evince their ability to recognize when change is needed, adapt to change.