Tramadol With Mastercard, Get Tramadol Prescription Online
The department of Physics was started in the year 1993 with an initial intake of 60 students per branch. The Department of Physics caters to the needs of Science, Engineering and Technology programs. It imparts knowledge in Applied Physics, Materials Science, Basics of Electronics circuits & devices and Engineering applications and New Engineering Materials. The department of physics has strived hard to impart quality education to our students and keep them updated with the latest trends in technology that meets the present basis for all the branch of study. To promote higher education, M.Phil full time programme was started in the year 2009. And in the year 2014, a full time M.Sc in Physics programme was started. During an academic year, it caters to the academic needs of more than 150 students specializing in Physics, around 200 students through allied courses and another 150 students through elective courses. So far the department has produced more than 200 M.Phil. Scholars and 4 research scholars have obtained their doctorate degree and 14 research scholars are pursuing their Ph.D.
The Department strives to achieve its vision by its highly qualified and dedicated team of faculty. Presently there are 6teaching staff and 2 nonteaching staff in the department. Of the 6 teaching staff, 4 hold Ph.D. degree in Physics and 2 are pursuing their Ph.D. There are 4 research guides under whom more than 14 scholars are registered for their Ph.D. degree. The areas of research interests and expertise spans a wide range including Solid State Physics, Crystal growth and characterization, Crystallography, NLO Studies, Nano Technology, Material Science, Spectroscopy, Molecular Dynamics, Medial Physics. The Department has established a crystal Growth Lab with the facility to grow high quality crystals by SR method.
B.Sc. – Physics
A Candidate who have passed Higher Secondary Examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects of study or equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to three year B.Sc Programme in Physics. This is a three year programme comprising 6 semesters. Each semester has a minimum of 90 working days. The languages offered are Tamil, French, Hindi and Telugu. The curriculum is enriched with the latest topics of fundamentals of Physics and Non major elective subjects and soft skills are added with the reasonable credits. Equal importance is given to the practical classes. Mathematics and Chemistry are offered as the allied subjects in the I year and II year respectively. Electronics subjects like Integrated Electronics, Microprocessor fundamentals are also included in the final semester.
M.Sc. – Physics
A candidate who have passed B.Sc (Physics) degree examination of this University or the examination of other University accepted as equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to two year M.Sc Programme in Physics. This Programme comprises of 4 semesters. Each semester has a minimum of 90 working days. Each semester has core and elective subjects and the students are given freedom to choose their electives from the list of electives offered. To name a few electives are Energy Physics, Medical Physics, Crystal Growth and characterization, Laser and applications etc.
M.Phil. – Physics
Candidates who have qualified for post graduate degree in the respective discipline of this University or of any other University recognized by this University as equivalent thereto shall be eligible to register for the Degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and undergo the prescribed course. Admission shall be based on combined merit of entrance examination and interview conducted by the University. Candidates shall be required to have obtained a minimum of 55%of marks in their respective Post Graduate Degree to register for the degree of Master of Philosophy. The M.Phil degree is awarded if a student has registered, undergone and secured the required minimum number of credits for the core and elective courses including Dissertation prescribed in the corresponding programme within the stipulated time.
Ph.D. – Physics
The Regulations for Ph.D degree, are based on UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.phil/Ph.D degree). The candidates who have passed a full time post graduate degree in the discipline concerned and who have passed M.Phil degree are eligible to pursue the Ph.D degree. The areas of research includes Crystal Growth and Crystallography, Spectroscopy, Material science, Nano science, Molecular Dynamics, Medical Physics etc.
Academic year 2018-2019
Academic year 2017-2018
- Application of Mathematics, the Queen of Science and Technology” on Friday 22nd September 2017 lecture given by Mrs. Sharon Rubini, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, St. Peter’s College of Engineering & Technology, Chennai.
- New Engineering materials’ (Metallic glasses, Shape memory Alloys, Nano, NLO and Bio materials) on 5th April 2018 lecture given by Dr.R.Sugaraj Samuel, Associate Professor, New college, Chennai.
Academic year 2016-2017
National Conference on Frontier Areas in Science and Humanities (NCFASH 2017)
- The Humanities and Sciences Association in which Department of Physics is a part has conducted the National Conference on Frontier Areas in Science and Humanities during 8th May 2017 (NCFASH-2017). This conference paved way for the researchers to present and discuss about their work and ideas.
- New Engineering materials’ (Metallic glasses, Shape memory Alloys, Nano, NLO and Bio materials) on 24th March 2017 lecture given by Dr.R.Sugaraj Samuel, Associate Professor, New college, Chennai.
Academic year 2015-2016
Vision & Mission
To develop the department as a center for studies in materials science and Technology and to encourage the inquisitiveness in a student and make him understands the fundamentals of physics so as to exploit it for research and implementation of technology.
- To provide the students with basic knowledge in theory and help acquire the skills in laboratory practice useful to them in the subsequent years of their branch of study.
- To ensure better quality of education by continuous monitoring, review of performance and counseling students.
- To appendix the academic input of students by organizing Symposiums, seminars, conferences and guest lectures.
- To improve the quality of the faculty members through upgradation of qualification, participation in/ conduction of seminars, workshops and publication of quality research papers with high impact factor and books.
- To provide the state-of-the-art research facilities and offer opportunities for higher education in Science, Engineering and Technology by research and development and consultancy.