Vision & Mission
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To Enhance and extend educational services effectively to the satisfaction of all concerned.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To provide an environment to support and encourage excellence in teaching-learning.
- To equip the students with conceptual, technical knowledge and competence required for the practice of their profession with moral and ethical values.
- Moulding the students acceptable to the business / industry world on par with National and International Standards.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: An ability to specify, analyze & design a usable computing system that efficiently utilizes system software and hardware to cover current user requirements in a socially and economically acceptable form.
- PSO2: An ability to state, design and implement a secure and reliable information communication system by using concepts of Computer Networks, Cryptography and Network Security and Cyber Forensics.
- PSO3: An ability to state, design and implement knowledge based discovery and machine based learning in computer system by using the various concepts of Soft Computing, Neural Networks, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- PSO4: An ability to analyse and design an efficient information management system which uses the concepts and tools of databases and deliver technological solutions for the end users using the concepts of Data Mining and Warehousing, Data Analytics, Web Technology and Cloud Computing.
- PSO5: An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: To impart exhaustive knowledge to the students in all the sub-domains of Information Technology and the fast evolving IT tools to:
- Take up key assignments in IT and associated industries.
- Undertake and excel in higher studies and Research & Development in IT related fields and Management.
- Become an Entrepreneur in IT related fields.
- PEO 2: To impart solid foundation in Computational Intelligence, Science and Interdisciplinary courses.
- PEO 3: To design and develop novel products and innovative solutions for real life problems in Information Technology field and related domains.
- PEO 4: To inculcate a conviction in the students to believe in self, impart professional and ethical attitude, nurture to be an effective team member, infuse leadership qualities, build proficiency in soft-skills, and the ability to relate Engineering with social issues.
- PEO 5: To provide a conducive and disciplined academic environment, quality of teaching with innovative and modern methods of pedagogy establishing the relevance of technical education as per the needs of the industry and society at large.