To develop the department as a center for studies in materials science and Technology and to encourage the inquisitiveness in a student and make him understands the fundamentals of physics so as to exploit it for research and implementation of technology.
- To provide the students with basic knowledge in theory and help acquire the skills in laboratory practice useful to them in the subsequent years of their branch of study.
- To ensure better quality of education by continuous monitoring, review of performance and counseling students.
- To appendix the academic input of students by organizing Symposiums, seminars, conferences and guest lectures.
- To improve the quality of the faculty members through up gradation of qualification, participation in/ conduction of seminars, workshops and publication of quality research papers with high impact factor and books.
- To provide the state-of-the-art research facilities and offer opportunities for higher education in Science, Engineering and Technology by research and development and consultancy.
PROGRAMME OUTCOME (POs):
After successful completion of three year degree program in physics a student should be able to;
PO-1. Demonstrate, solve and an understanding of major concepts in all disciplines of physics.
PO-2. Solve the problem and also think methodically, independently and draw a logical conclusion.
PO-3. Employ critical thinking and the scientific knowledge to design, carry out, record and analyze the results of Physics experiments.
PO-4. Create an awareness of the impact of Physics on the society, and development outside the scientific community.
PO-5. PO-6. To inculcate the scientific temperament in the students and outside the scientific community.
PO-7. Use modern techniques, decent equipments and microprocessor kits
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME (PSOs):
PSO-1. Gain the knowledge of Physics through theory and practicals.
PSO-2. Understand the theory and application of
PSO-3. Develop research oriented skills.
PSO-4. Make aware and handle the sophisticated instruments/equipments.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
On successful completion of the programme,
PO 1: The students will acquire a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and fundamentals of Physics.
PO 2: The students will have a sound knowledge on preparation, processing, characterization and applications of various kinds of Materials related to physics
PO 3: Students will develop an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems related to Physics.
PO 4: Students will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
PO 5: Students will develop an ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
PO 6: Students will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
PO 7: Students will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
PO8: Students will show the understanding of impact of Physics on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
PO 9: Students will develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO-1. Introduce advanced techniques and ideas required in developing area of Physics.
PSO-2. Enhance students‟ ability to develop mathematical models for physical systems.
PSO-3 Gain the knowledge of Physics through theory and practical‟s.
PSO-4. Understand and apply principles of physics for understanding the scientific phenomenon in classical and quantum physics.
PSO-5. Understand and apply statistical methods for describing the quantum and classical a particles phenomenon in various physical systems.
PSO-6. Understand good laboratory practices and safety.
PSO-7. Develop research oriented skills.
PSO-8. Make aware and handle the sophisticated instruments/equipments.