To develop the department as a center for studies in materials science and Technology and to encourage the inquisitiveness in a student and make him understands the fundamentals of physics so as to exploit it for research and implementation of technology.
- To provide the students with basic knowledge in theory and help acquire the skills in laboratory practice useful to them in the subsequent years of their branch of study.
- To ensure better quality of education by continuous monitoring, review of performance and counseling students.
- To appendix the academic input of students by organizing Symposiums, seminars, conferences and guest lectures.
- To improve the quality of the faculty members through upgradation of qualification, participation in/ conduction of seminars, workshops and publication of quality research papers with high impact factor and books.
- To provide the state-of-the-art research facilities and offer opportunities for higher education in Science, Engineering and Technology by research and development and consultancy.