Faculty are dynamically involved in guiding students apart from their regular curriculum teaching, and constantly pursuing extramural funding from national and international funding resources such as the DST, DBT, ICMR, DRDO, TNSCST and other major funding agency.
- Environmental Toxicology
- Applied Entomology
- Chemical characterization of bio-rational derivatives
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- Medical Entomology
- Integrated Pest Management
|S.No.||Funding agency||Title||Budget in Lakhs||Status|
|1||DST August 2018
|A cellular and molecular
investigation of dynamicphytochemicals(andrographolide and plumbagin) in tobaccocutwormSpodopteralitura Fab.And their non toxicity against
|2||TNSCST||Multi-potency of dynamic phytochemicals
quercetin and andrographolide against medically
challenging dengue mosquito vector Aedesaegypti
Linn. and agriculture pest Spodopteralitura Fab.
And their non-toxicity against beneficial species necessary
|3||ICMR||Expression Pattern Of Salivary Gland Proteins In Different Strains Of AedesAegypti (Lin.) Exposed
With Silicon Based Nano-Formulation (Sinps) Of
- Dr. P. Vasantha-Srinivasan, M.Sc., Ph.D., PDF.
Principal Investigator (DST-SERB)
Specialization: Bio-pesticides and Toxicology; Applied Entomology
- Dr. K. Amala, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Specialization: Ethno-pharmacology, Botany.
- Joint collaborations with S. Senthil-Nathan, ManonmaniamSundaranar University for collaborative research and 3 international journals has been published.
- Vasantha-Srinivasan et al. (2018) A novel herbal product based on Piper betle and Sphaeranthusindicus essential oils: Toxicity, repellent activity and impact on detoxifying enzymes GST and CYP450 of Aedesaegypti Liston (Diptera: Culicidae). J. Asia Pac. Entomol. 21, 1466-1472 (Impact Factor 0.980).
- Vasantha-Srinivasan et al. (2019) Aspergillus flavus (Link) toxins reduces the fitness of dengue vector Aedesaegypti (Linn.) and their non-target toxicity against aquatic predator. Microb. Pathogen. 128, 281-287 (Impact Factor: 2.08).
- Ponsankar, A., Senthil-Nathan, S. Vasantha-Srinivasan et al. Toxicity and developmental effect of cucurbitacin E from Citrulluscolocynthis L. (Cucurbitales: Cucurbitaceae) against Spodopteralitura Fab. and a non-target earthworm EiseniafetidaSavigny. Environ SciPollut Res (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-019-04438-1 (Impact Factor: 2.38).
- Insect Toxicology laboratory was established with the funding supported under the sanctioned project from DST-ECRA (Early career research award DST ECR/2018/000552).