The Department of Tamil was started in 2016 to offer UG, PG and Ph.D programmes in Tamil. Some of the research areas are sangam literature, Modern literature, Tamil grammar, Linguistics & computational linguistics. Besides focusing on curriculum & research the department actively involves in other co-curricular & extra- curricular activities through its Tamil literary club called “Tamil Mandram”.
The department has a separate department library & General library of the college has more than 1000 titles in Tamil language & literature for the students benefit. The faculty members update their knowledge by pursuing higher studies (Ph. D), presenting papers in conferences, publishing articles in Journals & authoring books. Along with academic teaching, steps are taken to tap the talent of students in poem writing, essay writing & other literary competitions and students are motivated to participate in Tamil related programmes. The department continuously conducts seminars, workshops & conferences to enrich the students knowledge in Tamil literature.
Job opportunity for Tamil graduates students:
- Teaching Job
- Journalism, News Reader, News Reporter & Editor
- Anchor in Television and Radio station
- Participation in cinema Industry
- Drama stories Poem , Essay , Novel to write & Publish the Book
- You can became Stage Speakers, Literature Speakers , Debate Speakers
- To creating new words in Tamil Dictionary
- Job in Translating Books
- To clear Government Exams (TNPSC – Group Exam)
- Creating software related to Tamil language in Information Technology field.
And also Jobs related to,
- Stone Sculpture Research,
- Olay Suvadi Research,
- Archaeology Research ,
- Learning getting information and going Research in “Siddha Maruthuvam”.