This programme is designed to enable the student, to enter the profession—for example, in industry, on a construction project, in a consulting engineering office, through a government agency or to begin Post Graduate study, or both. The programme provides a broad traditional civil engineering background that focuses on basic theory and design. Technical electives can be selected to obtain a strong technical base in a particular field of civil engineering or other engineering disciplines.
Civil engineers provide a major contribution to society. They design and construct the infrastructures we use every day, from the buildings we live, roadways we travel and the power stations that provide our homes with electricity. In civil engineering, students learn the design of foundations and superstructures as encountered in bridges and highways, industrial and residential buildings, airport runways, dams, urban transportation systems, and transit terminals.
- PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The major objectives of B.E. programme in Civil Engineering are to prepare students:
- To become competent engineering professionals in academic, research and industrial domains with ethical and social responsibility.
- To possess excellent communication skills in oral and written modes.
- To inculcate a lifelong thirst for learning for their further development of technical and management skills
Graduates of Civil Engineering will be
- able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- able to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- able to design solutions for complex civil engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- able to use latest tools, techniques and softwares for engineering practice
- able to engage in up-to-date learning.
- able to function in multi-disciplinary teams
- a creative leader with ethical and professional responsibilities
- able to determine the financial aspects of a project with sufficient reliability make effective cost estimates and convey achievable timelines for his projects
- a confident individual with good communication skill
REGULATIONS AND SYLLABI UNDER CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM