About The Department
The Department of Sociology was established in 2016. The Study of Sociology encourages the cross- cultural awareness, self understanding and the betterment of Society through the reduction of social problems. The Department aims to make the students understand the society and apply the major sociological concepts.
- We Teach Students the Scientific, Interpretative and Critical Skills needed to conduct theoretically sound, Methodologically rigorous and Multifaceted Analyses of Human Social Phenomena at both the Local and Global levels.
- We offer Students direct opportunities to develop and apply those skills through research and experiential learning activities.
- The Vision of the department is to provide quality oriented teaching that may bring out the potentiality of the students.
- With students, we are committed to developing scientific, interpretative, and critical capacities for understanding the social and cultural forces that shape the human experience.
- We strive to foster a lifelong engagement with questions of social justice.
- We bring theoretical and methodological rigor to understanding complex social and cultural realities both local and global.
- We promote ways of imagining and re-imagining the common good and encourage the use of knowledge and skills to realize a more just society.