Get Tramadol Online, Tramadol Online Overnight Saturday Delivery
Year of Establishment
- Established in the year 1993 as department of St.Peter’s Engineering College.
- Became Deemed to be University in 2008 under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956.
Examination : Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
B.A. – English
B.A. DEGREE PROGRAMME in ENGLISH LITERATURE
M.A. – English
M.A.(ENGLISH) DEGREE PROGRAMME
M.Phil. – English
Vision & Mission
To create, convey and apply knowledge and language skills to help in the holistic development of individuals, expand personal growth and opportunity, advance social and community development, foster economic competitiveness, and improve the quality of life through its focus on teaching and learning, research and discovery, and outreach and collaboration.To develop the critical and creative ability of students.To impart all round Education through the promotion of human values.
- To facilitate the acquisition of communication skills with a humanistic approach.
- To use innovative language teaching methods for teaching of language skills effectively.
- To instill a spirit of inquiry in the students
- To foster collaboration between academic and industrial communities for promoting research activities.
- To function as a resource centre as well as nodal centre for the language teaching departments of engineering colleges affiliated to Anna University Chennai.
- To develop the department as an international centre of excellence for language teaching.
|B. A. English Literature|
|Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)||The graduate will PEO1 Comprehend the world of English Literature and diverse literary works.|
|PEO2 Acquire a thorough knowledge on the historical, literary and theoretical aspects of English Literature|
|PEO3 Develop a flair for the English Language and understand the various techniques and patterns employed in various literatures|
|Programme Outcome||PO1 Developing intellectual, personal and professional abilities through effective communicative skills; ensuring high standard of behavioural attitude through literary subjects and shaping the students socially responsible citizens.|
|PO2 Get transformed into accomplished and active readers, enabling the students to focus on their higher studies.|
|PO3 Value literature and humanity.|
|PO4 Explore how literary works were written leading to research thinking and exploration.|
|Programme Specific Outcome||On successful completion of the Programme, the students will be accurate both in oral and written communication as they will be strong in Grammar and its usage.|
|PSO1They can express a thorough command of English and its linguistic structures.|
|PSO2They can apply critical frameworks to analyze the linguistic, cultural and historical background of texts written in English.|
|PSO3They will be familiar with the conventions of diverse textual genres including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, autobiography, biography,|
|PSO4Journal, film, plays, editorials etc. Knowledge of foundational texts of British and American literature would have enhanced|
|PSO5 Understanding of the historical and cultural range of literature written in English.|
|PSO6 Understanding of the development of the English language as used in works of literature.|
|PSO7Knowledge of foundational texts of British and American literature would have enhanced|
M.A. English Literature
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduate will
PEO1 Make an in depth study and analysis on the literary works through which a complete exposure to the nuances of literature will be acquired.
PEO2 Acquire a thorough knowledge on the historical, literary and theoretical aspects of English Literature and the different genres of literature leading to the comprehension of literary movements with the current trend
PEO3 Gain awareness on the role of literature in addressing contemporary issues such as environmental concern, and Gender issue.
Program Outcomes (POs)
At the end of the B.Com Programme, graduates will be able to
PO1 Possess complete exposure to British Literature, World Literature
PO2 Prepare for NET/SET examinations.
PO3 Gain an insight into research and research methodology.
PO4 A acquire a thorough knowledge on the emerging trends of literary criticism and theories. The vast canvas of literature is well comprehended in the right perspective.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1 Students will demonstrate an appropriate level of expertise in literary history, literary theory, and rhetoric.
PSO2 Students will demonstrate high-level proficiency in literary research and in the synthesis of research.
PSO3 Understanding of the development of the English language as used in works of literature. Students will demonstrate a command of written academic English, including the abilities to organize and present material in a cogent fashion, formulate and defend original arguments, employ effectively the language of their discipline and write under time constraints.
COURSE OBJECTIVE (CO)
- To develop and consolidate participants’ language skills by enhancing overall competency in English language.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLOs)
- The student will acquire basic proficiency in English including reading and listening comprehension, writing and speaking skills.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- To acquire and advance knowledge and abilities works through intencive study of the original texts of selected literary works
- To apply the concernliterary theory or concept to the selected literary works
- To analyse and discuss literary works concerned and have the thorough understanding of the literay cerativity literary criticism and literary research methods
4. To develop the new theories, concept or tools for study of unknown phenomena.
- 50 TEXT BOOKS
- 1 LAB MANUAL
- 46 STUDENT PROJECT REPORTS WITH CD’S
- 2 QUESTION BANKS
- NPTEL LECTURES
- INTERNET FACILITIES FOR STAFF AND STUDENTS
- CLASS ROOMS
- COMMUNICATION LABORATORY
- LANGUAGE LABORATORY
|1.||Number of Systems||36|
|2.||Number of Servers||1|
|3.||Number of Printers||1|
|4.||Internet Facility||1 GBPS leased line 1:1 OFC|
|5.||Power Back up||10KVA, 3 Hours,20 Batteries|