About The Department
The department of Economics was started in the year 2016 with the emphasis on skills and knowledge required to understand the economy. The objective of this department is to harness the power of statistics and mathematics to tackle economic problems such as interest and tax rates, budget deficits, and sustainable growth. Our department graduates can seek job for the post of a Lawyers, Managers (government/business), Policy Researchers, Economic Analysts, Economic Consultants, Economic Forecasters, Financial Planners, Statisticians, Banking / Financial Services, Budget Analysts.
B.A. – Economics
B.Com. – Capital Markets
M.A. – Economics
Vision & Mission
- To uphold high standards of Academic performance;
- To respect students and provide them with quality education;
- To promote employment opportunities for students;
- To maintain collegiate work environment;
- To interact with the greater community;
- To sustain continues improvement and innovation.
- To provide our students with appropriate analytical skills to lay the groundwork for lifelong learning;
- To enable our students to become policy-literate and thus be more informed as citizens;
- To assist in the development and advancement of career goals;
- To prepare our students for successful careers as applied economists;
- To provide curricula that promote critical thinking skills and enhance decision making abilities, which help students become productive citizens.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs):
B.A. Programme in Economics
On completion of the programme, students will be able to
- Understand the current economic development in India.
- Develop interests and required skills to opt for teaching profession, competitive examinations conducted for All India Civil Services, Banking, Insurance, etc.
II (a) By the end of II semester(1st year),
students will be able to
- Improve their economic knowledge of the terms and concepts commonly used in
discussions of economic issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to employ the economic way of thinking.
(b) By the end of IV semester(2nd year),
students will learn to
- Apply economic theories and concepts to contemporary social issues, as well
as analysis of policies.
- Formulate informed opinions on policy issues and recognize the validity of
(c) By the end of VI semester(3rd year),
students will be able to
- Understand the impact of Government policies and assess the consequences of
the policies on the parties involved.
- Demonstrate quantitative reasoning skills.
- Develops awareness for career choices and option for higher studies.
- To develop academic approach to economic issues.
- To seek opportunity to pursue courses that emphasize quantitative and theoretical aspects of economics.
- To forecast the course of changes in development agencies.
- To choose courses of study from a wide range of economic specializations.
- To develop skills to explain the causes economic dynamics with the help of visual aids such as white board and power point presentation.
- To visualize the real world economic situation with the entrepreneurial skills for self-employment, and general attitudes and living conditions of the masses.
- To apply economic theory to issues in fields of economics.
- To demonstrate an understanding of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory.
- To acquaint with some basic concept of environmental economics along with the solution of the environmental problems.
- To acquaint with some basic statistical methods to be applied in economics.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSOs):
- To know the behavioral patterns of different economic agents, advance theoretical issues and their applications.
- To understand the basic concept of microeconomics.
- To delineate the fiscal policies designed for developed and developing economics.
- To facilitate the historical developments in the economic thoughts propounded by different schools.
- To learn the basic concept of monetary analysis and financial marketing in Indian financial markets.
- To learn the development issues of Indian economy.