Welcome to Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions
Goals and Objectives
- To develop a system for the conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution.
- Making “Quality Enhancement” as an integral part of the institutional functioning – Internalization and Institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives.
- To assure all the stakeholders the accountability of the institution for its own quality
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Outcomes of Activities of IQAC at SPIHER
- NAAC Accreditation
- Grant of Graded Autonomy by UGC ( Category II)
- AICTE approval
- Accreditation by Commissions of ABET (abet.org) of Engineering / Computing Programs
- Ranking by NIRF, ARIIA
- UGC/MHRD successful reviews
- Annual reports of the institute
- Revision of UG/PG regulations
- Student/alumni/faculty/employer/parent feedback
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Members