Center for Innovation
- Impart and encourage creativity and innovation among students and faculty.
- Conduct motivational programmes and skill development programmes on innovation.
- Encourage innovation by introducing awards at various levels.
- Create awareness about IPR and provide guidance.
Activities in 2017-18
- Students Project Exhibition (for B.E., B.Tech. and M.Sc. students) and Best Project Awards, April 5, 2018.
- One-Day Workshop on Nanoscience and Technology, February 22, 2018
- Special lecture on Science, Technology & Innovation, April 10, 2018 Speaker: Dr.V.Ponraj – Former Scientist-G, ADA, Min of Defence, Govt of India. Former Director (TI) at the President’s Secretariat of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, Scientific Advisor to Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam; Worked with Dr APJ Abdul Kalam for 20 years. His Last Ph.D Student.
- Presentation of students/faculty projects in the International Exhibition on Machine Tools organised by AIEMA in Chennai Trade Centre, June 21-25, 2018
A stall was given freely by AIEMA to display projects of students/faculty. Seven projects of biomedical, ECE and Mechanical Engineering were presented. The project on Gluco L was awarded the Best Project Prize.